Friday 19 June 2015

Celebrating life



Well, seems like I have not been writing for a long time. I admit I have neglected those who really mattered to me- my fellow readers. But I promise to make up for my absolute lack of consistency.
   They say the 'learning never ends.' I believe that is what the past three months have taught me. From tackling numerous instances of self-doubt, to being able to remain calm and emotionless in a crisis situation. I have learnt that life is no bed of roses. Then again, life has to be celebrated.
   There is so much more to the world than the tough competition and endless supply of money. All it takes a feeling heart and you will see a whole new world around you. A world were mothers are forced to carry their toddlers for hours until a kind soul offers them their seat. A world were being practical and rational is considered insane and childish.
   It was this thought that motivated me to understand the true essence of celebration. And thus, I set out on the journey to re-discover the meaning of celebration. My journey led me to a the most memorable weddings of my life. My cousin's wedding had not only given me a chance to vent out and dance to my heart's content, but had also let me re-live my childhood. For 3 days, all my cousins chose to become school kids until the celebrations had concluded.
  My journey taught me that smiles are the greatest shields of mankind. While they help you shield the troubled lives you lead, they a great source of inspiration and help you face tough times head-on. It is interesting to note that some of lives most valuable lessons are often taught to me by a nine year old girl with a traumatised childhood. Her smile, is symbol of strength and hope. And has kept me going as well.

Guess, one must search for those long lost smiles, cherish them and live the each moment for each one of them is a gift.
_________

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hear you

This is an attempt at poetry after a gap of nearly 17 years. _________ I hear the noise around me The rage, the anger, and the hate A...